Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Welcome!

The purpose of this portfolio is to introduce myself and to share information about my teaching experience, my professional goals, and some of my teaching ideas.

I am currently a graduate student at Texas A&M University - San Antonio pursuing a masters degree in Reading. I have not worked as a professional teacher yet, but have been busy volunteering with children in a variety of capacities for the past 21 years. My five kids are my inspiration and my love of children and books have motivated me to someday be an Elementary School Reading Specialist.

Through the course of taking graduate classes, I have also discovered a keen interest in working with ESL children, so I plan to earn my ESL certificate as well.


To navigate this portfolio please use the following links:

▶ My Resume

▶ Action Verb Lesson Plan for 1st graders with materials used and instructions for activities:
Centers across the curriculum. Here are a few centers that can be used along with the lesson plan theme:

▶ Sources used for this website

My reflections on creating this lesson plan


Thank you for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. You will make an outstanding public school teacher! Outstanding work! Dr.Esparza-Young

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Work. You will be a excellent teacher. I am also at Texas A&M in the Bilingual Masters Degree Program. I would like to ask your permission to place a link to your page from the one I have as a resource for parents to use. You can view it at www.lospadrespreguntan.com .. My page is mostly directed to Spanish speaking families with children in school, I think your page may be a resource for them, let me know and keep up the great work.

    Javier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! This looks outstanding! I love the pictures you included for each of your activities and the simple instructions. Very nice!

    ReplyDelete